Omar Antonio Saenz
Omar Antonio Saenz was born in Mission, Texas and raised in the Rio Grande Valley. He is a proud alumnus of Austin College in Sherman, Texas which afforded him the opportunity to travel abroad and see the world, including Amsterdam, St. Petersburg, Istanbul, Vienna, Rome, Kiev, and interestingly…Chernobyl. Omar attended St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas after graduating from Austin College where he competed competitively for the St. Mary’s University External Mock Trial Program and interned as a clerk for Justice Sandee Bryan Marion of the Fourth Court of Appeals. Omar returned to the Rio Grande Valley after law school and joined the Cameron County District Attorney’s Office as an assistant district attorney, where he had the honor of serving as a prosecutor within the Child Abuse Unit and advocating for child victims in the courtroom. Omar joined the firm in 2017 and now has the privilege of serving Cameron County as its 2022-2023 Cameron County Bar Association President. Fortunate to live on the beach in South Padre Island, Omar loves barbecuing, playing tennis, and spending time by the sea in his free time.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- State Bar of Texas, 2012
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, 2012, J.D.
- University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria, 2010
- Austin College, Sherman, Texas, 2008, B.A.
Honors and Awards
- Pillar of Justice Award, 2017
- Cameron County Young Lawyer’s Association, Member of the Year, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Cameron County Bar Association, Secretary
- Cameron County Young Lawyer’s Association, Secretary
- Cameron County Children’s Advocacy Center, Vice-President
Past Employment Positions
- Cameron County District Attorney’s Office, Brownsville, Texas, Assistant District Attorney, 2013-2017
- The Center for Social and Legal Justice, St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, Student Attorney, 2011-2012
- Austin College Annual Fund, Assistant Director of Annual Giving, 2008-2009
- 1st Annual Coalition Against Violence and Exploitation Conference- October 2016. Understanding the Process from Conviction to Outcry Mock Trial Courtroom Presentation, Cameron County Mock Trial Clinic (2016)